Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Salt Dip?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Veronica
Username: Veronica

Post Number: 108
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 07:39 pm:       

Ok, my GF is acting really weird! I've posted about his odd behaviour here to death, and nobody really knows what to do... I am suspecting parasites on him.
my question is this:
How do I do salt dips for a GF? I know it's not a good idea to have them live in salt, but how much salt do I put in the dip bucket, how long should they stay in there, and how often should it be done??
Thanks
"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."- Aristotle

Sylvia
Username: Orandagal

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 07:32 am:       

Veronica let me know which post is about the symptoms of your goldfish so I can read it before giving any advise.
Orandagal

Veronica

Post Number: 109
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:15 am:       

I've tried everything- antibiotic, parasite meds, complete water change, changing filter media, and salt dip. I don't think he's going to get better- he will most likely be euthanised today.
Here is the link anyway:
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/discus/messages/17/37849.html?11121882 81
He now doesn't swim rapidly, but swims slowly, and does slow circles so that he is mostly on his back.
Let me know what you think.
"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."- Aristotle

Veronica

Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:23 am:       

He spends alot of time on his back on the bottom of the tank, breathing rapidly. I think there is something wrong with the water here- I don't know anybody who's been able to keep fish alive here.

Sylvia
Username: Orandagal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 11:47 pm:       

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier but I was not home. It does not sound good, I believe your new fish that died gave your older fish parasites. Goldfish are prone to diseases and disorders and introducing a new fish without proper quarantine can spell disaster. I think Hexamita could be the problem along with maybe flukes but it is only a guess on my part, treatment for Hexamita is Flagyl (metronidazole) do a water change then add two 250 milligram tablets per 10 gallons every 3rd day, do this three times then a 50% water change on day 9. However, at this stage with your pet goldfish gasping for air upsidedown on the bottom of the tank I am sorry to say that it may be to late for any treatment as the poor thing is just to ill and stressed out now.
Sorry Veronica
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Salt Dip?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration