Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Skinny oranda being treated for Flukes       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Megan
Username: jacksonsmom25

Post Number: 386
Posted on Wednesday, August 03, 2005 - 03:49 pm:       

Started treatment with the Anti Fluke this afternoon. He seems to be tolerating it well. But I noticed that he is starting to look skinny. How do I fatten him up without give him dropsy or rollover, or whatever it is they say the fish can get by overfeeding. Also, I read that goldfish and those types of, shouldn't eat to much protein or it can constipate them. I have been feeding him a mixture of omega one veggie flakes and tetra min goldfish flakes, and the occastional pea. Whatelse can I feed my oranda safely that might help him put on some weight?

Megan
Username: jacksonsmom25

Post Number: 406
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2005 - 10:44 am:       

He has made it through the first dose of anti fluke meds. I think hes going to need a second, cause hes still scratcing, or at least I think thats what hes doing. He been playing in the bubble wall quiet a bit, it has slowed down since the treatment, which makes me think hes doing it because he itches. Is it normal for them to want to play in the bubbles? I also think hes a little bit constipated, I have been feeding peas for the past couple days, but I haven't seen him put out any amount of poop. I don't really know what to do next.

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 7642
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:54 am:       

Megan, I don't know if dan or russ or any of the fish med people ever come in here, I would post fish health Q's, regardless of species, in that forum. You will definitely get help there.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Skinny oranda being treated for Flukes       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration