Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * My goldfish tail fin (half of it is missing)       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

navi menon
Username: navi

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 03:03 pm:       

its a baby one a fancy comet goldfish , he and his bro/sis r ina temp 10 gallon tank n they were the best of buddies.. the smaller one has been lying in the bottom of the tank n comes up only t feed n surf for a few minutes n goes back down.. today for the first time i noticed him try very hard to surface so i put the wet flakes down towards him thats when i saw half the tail fin missing..please tell me what can i do to help him.is there any medication i need to give him..or should i move him to a seperate 2 gallon tank. will his fin grow back..

this is the first time im dealing with something so horrific...pls pls pls advice me what to do next...

thanks for ur inputs
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

g3H2O
Username: g3h2o

Post Number: 174
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 - 01:57 pm:       

It could be fin rot. Dan posted some good info on it in the Fish Health forum.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/discus/messages/17/49349.html?11314535 41
- Mike in Arizona
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * My goldfish tail fin (half of it is missing)       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration