Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Help Swim Bladder issue       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Corinne
Username: crazyfancyguppy

Post Number: 47

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:32 am:       

i noticed two days ago my one goldfish was swimming funny right after i did a water change. Water Ph is fine and so is the nitrates. Tank is cycled. She cant keep herself from floting upside down or get herself to swim at all. I have her in a net (cause i dont have a hospital tank)added antibotic for the first time today and stress coat cause i have to keep trying to keep her upright. Its day three of this , she is still alive and she still wants to eat i am hand feeding her . Is their any more i can do?
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9796

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 06:43 am:       

What is your water change routine? Did you drop the temp of the tank on the last one? High nitrates, colder water and a low fiber diet are some of the more common causes of rollover.

Keeping round-bodied GF at 74-76o and feeding fresh spinach and orange slices and other high fiber foods can relieve it, but sometimes the genetics are predisposed and people will get surgery done - if it is a high dollar show koi - or watch the fish slowly fade away. With ideal care, they can survive for some months.

http://www.koivet.com/flipover/

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Help Swim Bladder issue       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration