Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Speedy's return to the pond       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Diane
Username: snowball

Post Number: 468

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 11:25 am:       

You may recall my daughter's goldfish that moved from a pond into a storage bin in the basement for winter. He's fared darn well, maybe not so brilliant anymore but otherwise healthy looking. I'm just wondering when it's safe to move him back to the pond. There'll be some construction work done on it this month. Wondering if the end April-first of May is too early to move him in. We're in southern Ont. and not frost free till mid may. Also wondering if a fairly lenghty acclimation process is necessary when moving him from basement temp to outdoor temp.
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

sully
Ancient Plus
Username: sully

Post Number: 8565

Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 03:07 pm:       

I would wait until mid may to return speedy to the outside. Wait until water temps maintain a constant level of 60 F and higher.
"I usually read the obituaries first. There is always the happy chance that one of them will make my day." -- Richard Ames
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * Coldwater Keepers * Speedy's return to the pond       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration