Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Mollies in fresh and brackish       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

rick
Advanced Member
Username: Rick01

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 06:07 am:       

i have white lyertail mollies in my brackish tank (sg 1.012) and my wife has same mollies in her freshwater tank.all born at same time from same parents and my brackish mollies are more than twice the size of her's.my question is,why are mine so much bigger?

ThePetHuman
Username: Thepethuman

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 09:18 am:       

Do you and your wife have different maintenance practices on your tanks? I asked about molly fry here too and Cindy replied that if you vacuum your gravel at least twice a week (I do mine every other day) and feed smaller portions 6-8 times a day, they will grow faster. Also, are you both using the same food? Those could be factors. I have no idea if the salt is a factor or not.

Good luck with the babies ;)

rick
Advanced Member

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 05:12 am:       

our maintenance is done once every 2weeks(on same day)only different food is sinking shrimp for columbians.the shrimp and the salt are the only difference.the other food is the same.we even change our filters at the same time to keep easy track of things.

Monkey4you
Ancient Member
Username: Monkey4you

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 07:33 am:       

I guess its because most Mollies are brackish fish, they thrive in brackish water and survive in fresh (also even marine) yours are growing faster because they are happy in their water.

Thats only my theory but I expect its mostly right.

rick
Advanced Member

Post Number: 32
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 01:59 pm:       

it makes sence.thank you.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Mollies in fresh and brackish       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration