Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Brackish Plants?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Cory
Username: Cory

Post Number: 134
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 09:20 pm:       

Does anyone have any suggestions for plants that do well in brackish conditions?

Jessica
Username: Lady_jai

Post Number: 3692
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 10:25 pm:       

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/cgi-bin/message_board/show.cgi?tpc=27480&post =67141#POST67141

is what i worked with.
Walk softly, carry a big sword...

cindy
Username: Cindy

Post Number: 5430
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 11:49 pm:       

I have only Java moss and Najas guadalipensis (http://home.clara.net/xenotoca/najas.htm) in mine, and they are both doing very well. They aren't spreading quite as quickly in the brackish tank as they do in the FW tanks, but they are spreading.

I really haven't tried anything else in that tank yet. Since algae didn't even grow in that tank, I was reluctant to purchase plants for it that might die.

Synergy: "the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects" (New Oxford Dictionary of English)

Cory
Username: Cory

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 01:07 pm:       

Thanks for the suggestions. Now, I'm wondering what would be a suitable substrate for the plants. It's a 29g tank with sand substrate...will I need a special substrate and or light?

Jessica
Ancient Member
Username: Lady_jai

Post Number: 4024
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 10:17 am:       

think planted, any substrate good for plants will be great for brackish plants. Most plants we add are already at a slight disadvantage, so giving them a boost with proper substrate is best.
Walk softly, carry a big sword...
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Brackish Plants?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration