Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Marine salt       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Brad Charby
Username: brad

Post Number: 237
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 04:14 pm:       

A customer of mine owns a fish market (for food) and he sells salt from the mediteranian sea. It`s iodized as it`s intended to be consumed. Would this be useful for brackish tanks?

Heather
Username: heather

Post Number: 1643
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 06:58 pm:       

No, it's table salt, check this thread going on here, it lists what marine salt has in it and what iodized or table salt has in it.

www.badmanstropicalfish.com/message_board/messages/231/39312.html?1114432640

I am a lumberjack and I'm okay.

Brad Charby
Username: brad

Post Number: 241
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 10:17 am:       

But this is marine salt. It`s not mined from the ground in Ontario. I just don`t know what has been changed to make it fit for human consumption.
Contents:Iodized marine salt. No anti-caking agent or other junk. If it`s marine salt, it must contain all that other stuff too right?

dan
Username: dan

Post Number: 4898
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 07:18 am:       

yes brad, if it's "marine salt" it contains all those ingredients. they've added iodine as they do for almost ALL table salt for human consumption, due to the antiquated theory that we need iodine to prevent 'goiter'. perfectly safe for use with fish since there's not enough iodine to cause any harm to our scaled friends.
you're never too old to have a happy childhood.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Marine salt       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration