Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Guppies and mollies?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Rachel
Username: luvmykids

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 12:49 am:       

I just read in the other thread that guppies can go in a BW tank. Well, I have a molly who is currently in a fw tank who will be moving to a 10 gallon bw tank when I get my 55 gallon. (Long story-if you've followed my many other posts on many of the forums...)

Anyway, now I am all excited because my daughter wanted one of the guppies when picking out fish but knowing we were getting an angel I decided not to get a guppy as fish food.

But, if I have one molly in a 10 gallon, how many guppies can I also put in there? Plus, I was considering 2 mollies in the 10 gallon but I think I read somewhere that would be the limit.

Thanks!

Karen Curry
Username: the_fish_fan

Post Number: 403
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 11:46 pm:       

what type of molly? if they're just balloon mollies or something than you can have more then 2. as for the guppies--that dpends on how many more mollies you get.
"I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees." - Dr Seuss

I speak for the mollies, "give us marine salt." -me

Rachel

Post Number: 49
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 12:43 am:       

My molly is a black pot bellied. More than 2. Hmmm. Now decisions. Do I go with 2 mollies and a couple of guppies or just mollies?

I'm asking all these questions and dreaming about all the things I'm going to do when I get my 55 gallon tank and put all my fish in their appropriate homes. It will probably be another month or two before I can get everything set up.

Karen Curry
Username: the_fish_fan

Post Number: 419
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 04:17 pm:       

I think a pot bellied molly is the same as a balloon molly????? How large are the potbellied mollies? If they're the same as baloon mollies, then you can keep several of both. How about male and 2 females for both the guppies and the mollies. That shouldn't be too crouded. Could the mollies just be fat black mollies? The balloon molly is usually short and fat (obviously), and the black molly is long and slender.
"I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees." - Dr Seuss

I speak for the mollies, "give us marine salt." -me

Rachel

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 04:58 pm:       

I'm pretty sure it's a balloon molly. I've seen the regular black mollies and my molly isn't. I probably just got the names mixed up. She is smaller than the regular mollies and fat.

She's also my favorite. She is not afraid of me and will eat out of my hand. I really hope to be able to get her moved soon because the platy has been chasing her and stressing her out a bit.

I like the idea of a male and 2 females of each. Of course, if any breeding occurs, my hubby will disown me. Hee hee
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Guppies and mollies?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration