Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * How many puffers?       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

craig mrozowicz
Username: baldbald

Post Number: 27
Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 08:38 pm:       

I like green spotted puffers and figure 8 puffers. I am setting up my 55 gal and my 30 gal for puffers. How many should i put in each?
55gal tank. 2 tetras, 2 blue grouamis, 2 angels, 3 corycats, 1 pleco, 1 albino frog.

Brad
Username: brad

Post Number: 678
Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 11:28 am:       

Sorry you haven`t gotten any answers Craig.

If I were in your shoes, I`d stick to the figure 8`s if you`re looking to house them together. While still risky, the chance of success is greater then trying to keep GSP`s together.

2 would probably be fine in the 55 gallon. You may even get away with 3 if the tank is heavily planted. You may also get away with 2 in the 30 gallon but that`s a chance. It really depends on the individual puffer too. You may get one that`s aggressive and not want any tankmates in the 55. I wouldn`t at all be surprised by this.

Brazilian freshwater puffers would be a better choice as they`re quite a bit more peaceful if you can get your hands on them.

Aaron Timothy Caldwell
Username: aaron_maiden

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 11:52 pm:       

i have 3 spotted greens and 3 figure 8 living together in a 25 gallon tank and they are all doing fine. they are young, however. it think so much of it has to do with the personalities of the individual fish.

once mine grow more, i will consider seperating them into seperate tanks according to their species.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * How many puffers?       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration