Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Need fish, tank looks empty...       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Deane
Username: dede

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 10:59 am:       

Okie dokie...
I have a little 2 1/2 gallon tank that currently only houses a black mystery snail. He was with a betta, but they didn't get along so well(One of the snails tentacles are missing..oops!) so the betta has his own little world now. I was wondering, Ive been doing some research on bumblebee gobys and have found them to be easily addapted to a smaller tank...however, will them being brackish potentially harm my snail? If the bumblebees are a bad idea, what would you recomend?
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 7442
Posted on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 11:06 am:       

The tank is, IMO, too small for anything except a betta, an ADF or two, or a couple shrimp. I wouldn't even keep the snail in it.

Nerites are about the only snails you might get away with in brackish. I have some tiny MTS in mine, but have yet to see an adult - (obviously there must be at least one, though.) Even then I would recommend at least a ten gallon tank for a couple BB gobies and a couple nerites.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Need fish, tank looks empty...       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration