Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Determining the sex of my little guys       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Heather
Username: heatherls

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 12:09 am:       

I have many puffers scattered among several large tanks(mostly green spotted and figure 8). Some I have had for years. They're fun guys, with alot of personality. I am wondering, can you tell the sexes apart? I've been watching these critters for a long time, and have never notice any psyical or behavioral differences.

Brad
Advanced Member
Username: brad

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2005 - 12:26 pm:       

I think that with the exception of dwarf puffers, they're next to impossible to sex. At least angelfish will pair off, then you know you at least have a compatible male and female. Puffers are usually so intolerant of each other in a tank that even if you do have opposite sexes, they're usually not happy to see each other.

April
Username: jumpingtadpoles

Post Number: 495
Posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2005 - 01:55 am:       

So are puffer's breedable in tanks at all?
Dream big, celebrate life, and never stop learning.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Determining the sex of my little guys       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration