Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Toying with brackish idea       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Jenni
Username: jenni0206

Post Number: 301
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 01:03 am:       

In January, I will have an empty 20g high to play around with; are there any brackish fish that would do well in this small of a tank? I've seen some neat little critters, and I think I could really enjoy the additional variety, but I trust you all to guide me to compatible picks. I'm not committed to this course of action yet, but I think there's a lot of potential for fun!

Thanks! :-)

Kenny
Username: kennyman

Post Number: 463
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 09:21 am:       

Yes I'm having alot of fun with the brackish tank myself! There are plenty of ways to go and this link might help you choose one.

http://www.aquariacentral.com/faqs/brackish/
I'm only a Landscaper; not an English Teacher.

Jenni

Post Number: 302
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 10:26 am:       

Thanks Kenny! I saw those bumblebee gobies at a Petsmart or something I was wandering thru looking for decorations, and they were so cute... Most of these look like they'd need something much bigger than a 20g, but the research is just beginning! :-)

Kenny
Username: kennyman

Post Number: 467
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 02:42 pm:       

I was torn between the Indian Glassfish and Celebies Rainbowfish for my bracksih tank. I took the glassfish because the lfs made a special order for me. But the rainbows are awfully nice too! But I just cant house both schools.

I am still hunting for a Wresteling Halfbeak.

My tank, although 37g, will have a similar stocking level to a 20 due to the limited footprint of the cubelike shape.

I have:
3 amano shrimp / 3 ghost shrimp
1 Red Clawed Crab
5 Indian glassfish
4 Bumblebee gobies
I'm only a Landscaper; not an English Teacher.

Jenni

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 09:48 pm:       

I'll keep that in mind, and keep huntin :-)
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Toying with brackish idea       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration