Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Gobies (bumble bee)       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Sammy
Username: sammy

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 11:06 am:       

I am thinking about getting a few bumble bee gobies for my 10g but havent a clue about how much salt, how often i have to put it in or how many of the actual fish i can keep in a 10g.
Please help x x x
Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

Kenny
Username: kennyman

Post Number: 597
Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 10:52 am:       

Hi sammy. Sorry no one got back to your question earlier. I just got back from a vacation and will take a quick stab at the salt. I keep BB Gobies in a brackish tank with 2 tbs of marine salt per gallon of water. I do not use Aquarium salt as marine salt supplies a complete range of trace elemnts that aquarium salt can not. Also Do not add salt to your top-up water. when water evaporates from your tank it leaves the salt behind so only add more salt when you do water changes. It makes everything easier if you measure the ammount of water you swap out in gallons so you can calculate how much salt to mix for the new water going in.

I'm only a Landscaper; not an English Teacher.
Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * Gobies (bumble bee)       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration