Topics Topics        

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * roger's Q's about brackish fish       

These questions and answers are for research or archival use only. There is a wealth of information here and I encourage you to search the areas. For the latest information and to join an active forum please click below.
Badman's message forum

Top of PagePrevious PostNext PostBottom of Page Link To This Post

roger
Username: rogerb

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 08:58 pm:       

Ive just read that guppies,platies, and swordtails like brackish water. Is this true? Can I have my dwarf gouramies zebras and cardinal tetras in the same tank. Can they do well in brackish conditions also? How about my catfish and loaches? Will the salt effect my plants in the tank in an adverse manner? So many questions and so little time.

larry
Username: gomezaddams

Post Number: 883

Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:12 pm:       

I think more than brackish they do well in hard water.I have guppies now,my water is hard and alkaline and they are thriving with no salt.Where I used to live the water was softer and I used salt in the tank and they did well too.
Waiting will fill

Kenny
Username: kennyman

Post Number: 634

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 07:53 pm:       

I am cutting back on the number of tanks in my Living room. Five was too many So I threw the guppies from a 10g into my 37g brackish tank. Those that were big enough not to get eaten are happy as pie. Its been a couple of weeks now and I think a female is going to have babies.
I'm only a Landscaper; not an English Teacher.

cindy
Ancient Plus
Username: cindy

Post Number: 9922

Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 10:33 pm:       

Mollies and guppies will both do well in brackish, I've read they can even be kept in full SW, if either born and raised in it or acclimated carefully to it.

The others are strictly FW, some hard and alkaline, some soft and acidic.

"The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve." --- Albert Schweitzer

Badman's Tropical Fish - Archives * The Brackish Alternative * roger's Q's about brackish fish       

Quick Navigation Links

Administration