us serve you better. Take a five minute survey. Click here!
Archived message board.
I just bought one it is 3 in and is in 100 gallon is there any info
I should no besides the info on teh fahaka puff segment up there
- A website with puffer information is www.chunkypuff.net Check in
the pavilion section First click on the funny animal head and when
you see pavilion click to go to fresh or brackish or marine. This
is a website just with puffer and it was given to me by some people
that have puffers.
- CLICK ON THE FAHAKA (NILE)PUFFER PICTURE TO SEE INFORMATION on LOUIE.
- Family: Tetraodontidae
- Genus: Tetraodon
- Specific Epithet: lineatus
- Scientific Name: Tetraodon lineatus
- [Water Requirements] pH: 7.4 General Hardness: 13DH
- Temperature: 79o F
- Salinity: Fresh to Light Brackish (0.0 to 1.005 ppt)
- [Additional Information]
- Home Range: Africa; Nile River (Cairo), White Volta River
- Average Length: 14 inches
- Compatibility: Very Aggressive, best kept alone.
- Territoriality: Territorial
- Food: Live preferred. Rarely takes frozen.
- Breeding Habits: None observed