us serve you better. Take a five minute survey. Click here!
Readers tank photos.
In this section I would like to profile YOUR tanks!. Please send me
your photos with a brief description of the animals and plants as well as any
other information you feel is relevant. Include your web site and Email as I
will post them with your photos as a link, if you request it. Freshwater or
saltwater tanks will be accepted.
Please send your photos to. Badman.
If you have photos but no means of scanning them please contact
me for an address to send them and I will scan them for you.
I live in Paarl, South Africa - near Cape Town. Well, just thought
to write to you. Your site is very informative. I did not know a lot
about fish, but due to your and one or two other websites, I know a
great deal more about fish keeping. I have a few tanks: Started the
hobby last November and it's just growing? To the utter dismay of my
Tank 1: 100cm x 50cm x 50cm tank
- 4 x Clown Knifes
- 1 x Black Ghost Knife
- 2 x Bala sharks - transferred last night from my other tank
- 1 x Tin foils
- 1 x Red eye tetras - ghosts still too small to have them for supper
- AH! ate 3 already!
- 2 x other sharks??
- 2 x Platies - too big still for ghosts
- 8 x Yoyo loaches
- 1 x pleco with Orange dots
- 2 x Big Angel fish
- 1 x Rainbow white shark
- 1 x Elephant nose
Tank 2: 120cm x 36? x 36? (not sure about width / height)
- 2 x Butterfly
- 0 x Yoyo - struggling to catch him to transfer to above CAUGHT
- 2 x Clown loaches
- Horseface loaches - 1 DIED??!!
- 4 x Kuhli loaches
- 5 x Rummy noses - plan on getting 2 more Got 3 more
- 7 x Glass tetras
- 2 x Siamese females
- 3 x Glass catfish
- 0 x Rainbow white shark - moved back to other tank
- 0 x Orange spotted pleco - wants to swap him for a Discus - moved
to other tank
- 1 x Small Pleco
- NEW ADDITION 1 x Butterfly? Pleco - FORGOT TO LIST HIM
- 3 x Rams - FORGOT TO LIST THEM
- 1 x Black Ghost Knife Fish - FORGOT TO LIST HIM
- 1 x African Clawed Frog Albino - FORGOT TO LIST HIM - he is actually
doing great in the community tank. Loves his blood worms. In fact,
that's all he eats!
- 1 x Banjo cat
- 1 x Cory cat
- 2 x Chinese High-fin barbed sharks
- 2 x Small Angels
- NEW ADDITIONS 4 x Discusses - constant fighting!! wants to get
at least 2 more
- new additions. Just added them last week.
- TODAY'S ENTRY: Their doing GREAT in the community tank! Took the
fighter back to petshop and got another one. Bought also 2 more -
went to Pets Aquaria - what a distasteful experience! Went to my petshop
owner with my 2 new Discusses and he immediately took them and put
them in quarantine for me and started giving them medicines. The one
died yesterday and the other one I took home last night. He is still
shy, but already comes out to join the other 3 for short intervals.
Jacques, my petshop owner, said he might get in 12 Discusses this
week. Want to buy then 1 or 2 more.
Tank 3: 93cm x ? x ?
Female Yabbi with eggs - TODAY'S ENTRY: I have a tank crawling with minute small crayfish babies!
Tank 4: 93cm x ? x ?
- About 30 Small Yabbi crayfish - on last count - their starting
to eat each other!!
- TODAY'S ENTRY: Sold 11, exchanged 2 for 2 Discuss of which one
died, have about 12 babies left.
(Tank 5: Small)
Male Yabbi - separated from female as they keep on mating!!
(Tank 6: Small)
Siamese babies - lots
All above fishes are getting
along just great together in their tanks. The tank with the Discus in
I try to keep at a temperature of 28 degrees. The Hi-fin's, who is in
the same tank, does not seem to mind this heat. I feed all my fish in
all the tanks in the morning Tetra bits, Tetra flakes and Tubiflex worms(tank
1&2 only). In the evening the same again and just before lights out
they get their blood worm treat. The frog in tank 2 is especially funny.
He would come to the front of the tank at about 9 0'Clock in the evening
and just lie there, sometimes standing upright, staring out of the tank
and waving his little paws in front of his mouth - please FEED ME! The
Elephant fish in tank 1 comes right up for his share of the blood worms.
Would grab it right out of the little container as soon as it hits the
water while I'm trying to through it in